Saturday, July 15, 2006

Even as I walked out of my building towards the cab stop, I was thinking about the events that happened during the two hours that I had been awake. I'd sent my kids to school with their hot tiffins, chilled water bottles, and a wet kiss on each cheek. Then, I had gone into my typhoonic spin to get everything tidied up and get reasonbably presentable for office. All through the mad rush, I did not give up one action: judging! If I wasn't judging others, I was judging myself. Why does my son forget to wipe the bathroom floor despite numerous reminders! Why does my daughter spend eons in the bathroom? Why do I not iron my outfit for the next day the previous night? Apart from laziness I couldn't muster up another answer.
So, is that the only reason? Are we untidy, slow, rushed, cruel, ignorant, harsh, angry, stressed, fat, thin, hungry, unloving, and god knows what, just because we are lazy?
I returned to this post after nearly a month. I wonder if that is the way I still feel. Does laziness count as the sole reason for each of our faults? Or does laziness happen to be the major cause propped by the evil in us?

Lots of questions here. And everyone spends their entire life looking for their answers, to the extent that they get so lost in their wanderings, they forget their original question, easily distracted by somebody else's follies that allow them to question more comfortably.

It again comes around to judging. From questioning and judging ourselves, we switch to partly questioning, partly deciding other people's actions and lives. Simply because it's so convenient to do, and after all, there's the normal mundane life's routine to be returned to. You know, the one about waking up to your Monday mornings and spending the entire week at work to get to that elusive relaxing Friday evening. That relaxed evening never comes around, running like an invisible fugitive, making you question its very existence. But funny, how it so miraculously seems to reside in other people's lives. There! I'm back to judging again! Never too far from my thinking mind, is it?

No comments: