Friday, November 23, 2007

Goa 2007

Goa, October 2007! A trip that I will cherish forever. It was my first holiday when it was just the kids and I. Not that I don't want my family to be around me, but just the kids and I! This was way too special. Of course, we made sure that it was completely safe with my conference providing the perfect safety net. So many people around me who knew my kids. Made it impossible for them to get into any kind of trouble, not for very long anyway!


Shamelessly, I used the excuse of keeping us safe in a place like Goa, and went ahead and booked us in Cidade De Goa, a five-star resort. And it totally lived up to its reputation. Exorbitant prices did not pinch so much when each staff member went out of their way to make our trip memorable. Bappaditya and Janice have to be the best members of staff. They are definitely the best for me! They took care of my kids, even in my absence, making sure that they were treated right, fed properly, and didn't lose out on all the yummy food. They weren't even looking for tips! My daughter couldn't help but remark, "Mummy, all of these folks seem to be so sweet, but Bappaditya seems to have been soaked in chashni!" Chashni is the sweet syrup that makes Indian sweets so unique.
The whole trip was amazing. Totally relaxing. We did some small little fun things too, like getting tattoos, collecting shells, taking midnight walks on the beach.
Varca beach was just the icing on the cake. The beach was so beautiful, isolated, and clean! I felt as if nature had specially organized a treat, just for us! Away from the hustle and bustle of the cities. This beach made this so true! Thanks Shilpa for taking us there. Parasailing, water scooter ride, Ring-o ride, and finally the Banana ride. All of these were totally exhilirating! Of course, the kids don't think of the Banana ride so positively as they decided to land on each other when toppled off the banana! My daughter still winces when she thinks about that ride. That aside, the day was one of the best days of my life!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: